Mr. Capman – Many an early settler aspired to lay out a town.  A man named Capman did that in 1842 and called the place Randolph.  His town did not prosper and in 1859, had only a store and blacksmith shop.  Shortly after this village had been platted, German immigrants began coming to the community.  They laid out another village just north of hopeful Randolph and called it Bremen.  This newer village grew more rapidly than the older one, secured the Post Office, and soon assumed leadership of the nearby region.  The village of Randolph ceased to exist.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email