Thurston Thomas married on Kaskaskia Island 21 November 1818, to Elizabeth Evans b. VA. Their three sons and two daughters were:
- Plummer Thomas b. ca1821 on Kaskaskia Island, d. 1875 Steeles Mill Twp, Randolph County, married on 2 Feb 1841 to Mary Ann Dobbs b. GA.
- Emanuel (Matthew) Thomas b. ca1824 on Kaskaskia Island, d. Civil War 4 June 1863, Battle of Mechanicsburg, MS., married on 16 July 1850 to Marinda Boyd b. IL.
- Thurston Thomas, Jr., b. ca1827 on Kaskaskia Island, d. Civil War 19 June 1864, Kennesaw Mountain, Cobb County, GA, married to Mary Ann McMillan on 28 January 1847.
- Eliza Thomas married to William C. Dobbs.
- Elizabeth Thomas married 1st Marshall Lincoln, 2nd Robert Ingram.